Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alaska





Finally made it. The Alaska highway was tough and just when I started to dislike driving in the rain, avoiding huge obstacles in the road and dodging a moose, I saw a guy pedaling his bike coming in the opposite direction. I quickly changed my attitude. Stayed the day in Anchorage doing laundry and cleaning myself and the truck, after two weeks on the road we both needed it. Drove down the Seward highway to the Kenai peninsula. Visited exit glacier at Kenai Fjords National Park and the town of Seward. Truck needed some repairs so I drove it back to Anchorage and replaced the starting motor in the NAPA parking lot, good as new. Headed back down the Seward highway and now staying in the Fred Meyer parking lot in Soldotna. Heading out on the Kenai river tomorrow to do some fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment